This is my favorite homemade broccoli cheese quiche recipe. The homemade pie crust is what seals the deal and draws all the flavors and textures together. Bon appétit mes amis!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water, plus more if needed
For quiche mixture
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Gather 9″ pie plate and ingredients.
- Mix flour, shortening, salt, and water until soft dough forms. If it’s too sticky, add a little flour; if it’s too crumbly, add a little more water. (Resist the urge to over-mix, as it will toughen the crust and not be as flaky.)
- Roll out pie crust to fit pie plate; gently press down and make a few holes with a toothpick or fork. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- While pie crust is baking, mix together eggs, cottage cheese, milk, onion soup mix, and broccoli.
- Add mixture to crust and top generously with shredded cheese; bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a side salad or soup.
This recipe is a collaborative family effort that spans generations of cooks and cuisines.